Tuesday 7 May 2019

Cowhorn Capers

Saturday 4th May. and over to Northampton for the Cowhorn Capers "klunker" ride. 

I didn't know what to expect, apart from the unexpected!, meeting near the "racecourse" a small number headed North, stopping for supplies at a local supermarket, which also gave shelter from the heavy rain which suddenly appeared! After a few minutes we braved the remnants of the storm and a short ride saw us at the "race" site.

In my head this was a flat field, a short coarse, but no, rough and hilly and quite a bit longer than I had guessed. Numbers had grown and the racing was soon in full flow, great to watch and with some liquid refreshments, much fun was being had. I made it to the semis, and was up against Richard, Bill and Morgan in the second "semi". A good start I thought, pushed by Pete who was filming, following me on his electric stead, I guess we must have been close but nearing the finish, I went head over handle bars and with that went any chance of a final!.

Morgan beat Bill and in the final Richard won out, a great afternoon, finished with a go on the bumper cars this followed by a few beers!

Semi Final Lap - my fall at about 1.35!

Drone footage - Thanks to Pete Cobbe!

             

No comments:

Post a Comment