Monday 18 March 2019

Busy Weekend

A rather busy one -

Firstly a "rush" on Sponsorship, taking me to 15% of my target, many thanks to all who have donated so far - if you've not yet donated - please look Here  

Longest ride for some time on Saturday, 51 miles, as I joined around 20 riders for the Run & Ride Spring Challenge. Rain and wind where forecast and so unfortunately the numbers taking part where a little lower than had been expected. 

The rain held off, but not the wind! Gust of 40 miles plus had been in the forecast and on a couple of occasions side winds made for a "exciting" ride, but the last 8 or so miles where in to a horrible head wind, this and me "suffering" a little, saw my average drop from 14.6mph to 13.8.

I had the help of another rider for this last bit for which I was most thankful!

The route headed out over Cannock Chase, hitting a top speed of 44mph on the Stile Cop hill!
Longdon, Rugeley, Great Haywood, Hixon, Abbots Bromley, Hoar Cross, Barton and "home" to Lichfield.

Thanks to the staff at Run & Ride and the other riders - I think I returned as 6th rider back.          

No comments:

Post a Comment